OT MIL Vent

By KLP16 Latest Activity April 13, 2013 at 12:57 pm Views 108 Replies 5 Likes 1

KLP16

Ugh I'm so irritated with my MIL! I emailed her to let her know that I wa taking my son to get his first haircut next week. She emailed back asking why the change of heart. I said "we'll it really needs it and I figured if I was gonna give in early then I want it to be special (we are having it cut at the Magic Kingdom). She then questions the phrase "giving in". So I had to explain how I was giving in to myself. I had wanted to wait cause its sad to think about cutting his baby hair. Ya know its sweet and it's memories and its something I was gonna wait at least till his 1st birthday to do. She then emails saying this one sentence, "you have to put his needs ahead of your emotional wants". What the heck!!! I never meant for it to come across that way. Can she not understand that there is an emotional tie to baby things??! I mean geeze, first of all his hair in his face is not bothering him a bit! I'm choosing to get it cut cause I can't keep it out of his eyes anymore. Second: I don't think being sentimental is putting my emotional wants before him. If I was putting me first, I wouldn't be getting his haircut or getting up at all hours of night to comfort him for that matter. I love him and ALWAYS put him first! I'm trying not to let it get me down, but not gonna lie, it feels like I was just called a selfish mom and it really hurts.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (5 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down