Paranoid

By InkLover Latest Activity April 13, 2013 at 12:20 pm Views 399 Replies 17

InkLover

Does anyone else hear things? See things? I hear noises all the time. For instance, last night, in my home, I heard vicious, evil growling behind me but when I turned around there was nothing there. And no, we dont have a dog. I also see shadows changing, things moving out of the corners of my eyes. My insurance was cancelled last month, so I can't ask my dr but I am still on my meds.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (17 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • shaun440
    shaun440 April 13, 2013 at 9:59 pm   

Risperdol cleared that stuff up for me. But to be honest the most effective way I found to get rid of it was to completely ignore them or noises. Forced myself to walk into dark rooms. Walk around the house with the lights off, not even look or try to find the source of unnatural noises. When I did that they just seemed to stop and I didn't feel victimized any longer.
    (Sometimes my brain is attacking me. I don't want to be his victim, so I fight back in my own weird way. I won't let it win. Ill even ignore its attempts to destroy me… I'm a weirdo, but that's how I look at it.)

• InkLover
    InkLover April 13, 2013 at 10:14 pm   

How do you do that? I'm terrified every night of the sounds, or rather what the sounds are coming from. During the day I just ignore it like you, but I can't seem to do that at night. Maybe if I keep trying. Thanks for the advice. :)

• shaun440
    shaun440 April 13, 2013 at 11:21 pm   

I had the problems most prevalently when I was in my early teen years. It took a long time, but I had to convince myself that whatever it is, it can't harm me. Even if it could fight back. I really feel I've had better control over my illness when I decided I wasn't the victim and I was in control. I lose that control sometimes, but I just learn a lesson and move on. Don't be a victim. Stand in that dark room and prepare yourself for a fight, then feel your anxiety melt away as nothing hurts you and you've won. Just give it a shot. Maybe a few seconds at first. Shoulders high, make a fist and walk in determined. It's your house.

• anythingbiggerthanthis
    anythingbiggerthanthis April 13, 2013 at 1:43 pm   
    Edited April 13, 2013 at 1:50 pm by anythingbiggerthanthis

Are you more stressed lately?Paranoia seems to be worse around these times.I also found when seroquel was given in the wrong doses that it increased the paranoia, especially the feeling of being watched by things in the room with me and shadows out of corner of the eye(periphial vision)

• InkLover
    InkLover April 13, 2013 at 4:38 pm   

Do things move with you? I find things in my home which are not where I put them. I dont believe in ghosts so it has to be me, but I dont remember moving these items.

• anythingbiggerthanthis
    anythingbiggerthanthis April 13, 2013 at 4:45 pm   

You are probably dissociating too much.You are too overwhelmed right now so you block out these experiences.I did this too.Please see a p doc..xx

• InkLover
    InkLover April 13, 2013 at 1:47 pm   

I dont think so. It started a couple of months ago out of the blue. I just bacame convinced that someone (not anyone in particular) was going to kill me. At night. Then the hallucinations started.

• yoblet
    yoblet April 13, 2013 at 1:25 pm   

this has been happening to me lately. Mainly I see a figure standing behind me looking over my shoulder sort of. also the lines of things have at times become wavy and I feel lke I couldn't focus. things out corner my eyes
    ive heard my name, also giggling like a child, and old music like from a jewellery box.
    I realise I need to get my meds adjusted…I slept through my appointment the other day so have just been having double my zyprexa, its helped I m not seeing and hearing as much.. I was freaking out a bit I haven't really had symptoms like until recently…
    I also get smells that aren't there, vicks vaporub was a good one I could smell it everywhere for weeks. I get a urine smell a lot and most recently a strong smell of human faeces..not nice…
    I swear I never had psychotic symptoms until this last few months and its strange wouldn't I have had these before being on antipsychotics rather than just when I miss them now. I strongly believe the meds have done something and made my brain need them coz now I cant stop or ill get psychotic…wtf I never was before meds… ;( im confused as to why it just happeneing now????? is it just coz bipolar progressively gets worse apparently?? don't know but its weird

• InkLover
    InkLover April 13, 2013 at 4:36 pm   

Do things move in your home?

• ~beautiful-disaster~
    ~beautiful-disaster~ April 13, 2013 at 1:01 pm   

I am having the same issues. The other night I kept hearing a baby cry, all night. My son was sleeping the whole time! And then I have been seeing weird shapes and even my tv was popping out like 3d.

• InkLover
    InkLover April 13, 2013 at 1:05 pm   

I swear, our minds aren't satisfied with just Bipolar-we also have to have Borderline Personality disorder, ADD, Delusions, (or are they hallucinations?), OCD, etc! LOL

• ~beautiful-disaster~
    ~beautiful-disaster~ April 13, 2013 at 1:05 pm   

Hahaha I know right!

• daisychain
    daisychain April 13, 2013 at 12:36 pm   

I see things and hears voices, usually of desperation for voices and death for visual. I needed an antipsychotic to deal with it and take geodon. Sounds like you could do with an antipsychotic too.

• InkLover
    InkLover April 13, 2013 at 12:51 pm   

Thank you Daisy. I will definately tell my next psychiatrist. My last paychiatrist, when I told her, said, You need to tell your Psychologist. When I told my Psychologist she said, Oh. And we never spoke of it again. Lol

• *HotMess*
    *HotMess* April 13, 2013 at 12:29 pm   

Occasionally I'll hear what sounds like someone whispering my name.

• InkLover
    InkLover April 13, 2013 at 12:26 pm   

Thank you for your response-its nice to know I'm not alone. I am trying to get on medi-cal for now.

• emkatz
    emkatz April 13, 2013 at 12:23 pm   

I see hear voices and noises. I also see things out of the corner of my eye. Maybe your not on the right meds because they should be helping with that. You really need to try and see someone.