Still depressed

By geegirl123 Latest Activity October 30, 2011 at 1:25 am Views 593 Replies 3

geegirl123

I'm on lithium 1000mg daily and venaflacin 75 mg 3 times a day! My highs have stoped but still have depressive episodes which are ruining my life! Phycs say it's just part of the bipolar, but I don't want to live like this :( dose Any one else get this? And what can I do to get better?

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (3 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • geegirl123
    geegirl123 November 4, 2011 at 4:12 pm   

Thank you both :)

• tormented86
    tormented86 October 31, 2011 at 9:58 pm   

Maybe increase ur lithium. I'm on 1750mg and still need increasing and I'm very tiny (weight wise, but tall) which is a lot for someone with my BMI but I'm still not in therapeutic range. What were your levels in your recent tests?

• dragio
    dragio October 30, 2011 at 4:06 am   

Yeah I'm bp2 and have been on lamctal for about a year and it did a pretty good job of tamping down the highs, and to some degree it kept away the lows but only for so long and like clockwork every summer I spend about a month where I can't move. That said every summer I try a few different anti depressants I've been on Prozac Zoloft trazodone and cymbalta. Cymbalta the dr thinks cymbalta worked but really it was fall and I was coming out of my depression so hard to know about that one. Things that help: don't give up, there are a ton of drugs out there and they all take about a month to kick in so keep switching it up w it dr. Till something sticks. Second, document your illness a good app/ site is called optimism do a google and you'll find it, at least this way you can keep track of your depressions and figure out exactly what works when it works. Remember don't feel guilty, no one blames a cancer patient for having cancer etc. also, your interventions in your depressions as soon as possible is a big factor in taking some of the punch out of them. Wow sorry I went on for so long, hope it helps!