Willy Wonka

By Luvles12 Latest Activity July 13, 2012 at 5:51 pm Views 1,238 Replies 16 Likes 2

Luvles12

I've always believed in fantasy/imagination as a health the cathartic underbelly to health and wellness. I'm a huge fan of Willy Wonka because we are the sum of our own perceptions. And to apply the term Equifinity would be prudent because there is more than one version of the truth. If we all looked at a piece art, we could describe it in different ways based on blueprint thought processes. Would any if those adjectives be a lie? What is your truth and how do you apply it to your health? And in sorry but I'd give my right arm to have an Ommpah Loompa!

"If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it.
If you want to change the world,
There's nothing to it". -Willy Wonka

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (16 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Tegorsk
    Tegorsk July 13, 2012 at 9:31 pm   

Warning: Negative
    I yanked my little bro out of that movie in 1971 and walked home, and have never been able to have a positive feeling toward it. I know what I saw even if you aren't supposed to see it, and what does that in itself say about the movie? At any rate, it was not suitable for children or _anybody_ who isn't into gross-out for its own sake.

If people feel empowered and encouraged by it, that's great. But if I wanted to see that sort of thing, I'd watch "A Man for All Seasons." Which is probably a lot less graphic - I haven't actually seen it.

• Luvles12
    Luvles12 July 14, 2012 at 2:17 am   

Oh really? That was so not my experience. Again perception. But now that I think about it, each time I watched it, I wasn't privy to having any children with me.

• Luvles12
    Luvles12 July 13, 2012 at 7:45 pm   

Right. Think of this platform as a bunch of listeners who you can engage with at anytime. We know the darkness well.

• Luvles12
    Luvles12 July 13, 2012 at 7:24 pm   

So if we are the sum of our perceptions how do we change them during an "episode"? I think awareness is a key factor here. Bipolars are often misdiagnosed because we seek treatment during our depressive states and there is a huge difference between unipolar and bipolar depression because of our risk if upswing. U don't always know when I'm in a manic state because I believe my mania has changed over the years. I used to run 10 miles and come back and smoke, went days without sleep with no problem. I was happy and very creative. Over the past five years, my mania has been irritability and annoyance, people would just bug me. So how do we increase this awareness?

• Jbetsy1445
    Jbetsy1445 July 13, 2012 at 7:28 pm   
    Edited July 13, 2012 at 7:29 pm by Jbetsy1445

I'll let you kno when I figure this one out for myself as well:)

• tamRN
    tamRN July 14, 2012 at 1:03 am   

"Umpa loompa dupity do; i've got another puzzle for you. Umpa loompa dupity dee; if you are wise you'll listen to me! " I LUV THIS MOVIE!!!

• Luvles12
    Luvles12 July 14, 2012 at 2:31 am   

I don't know how to spell ommpah lumpa! But they have a great work ethic, they are always positive and I think Mr. Wonka himself has really shown true compassion in rescuing them from the vermiciius kanids. And it paints a meaningful story about hope, faith,perseverance, fantasy and diversity and for the love of God this website. I would go on and on but because I have BP, I can't hold onto to a thought! Lol

• Jbetsy1445
    Jbetsy1445 July 14, 2012 at 5:54 am   

funneh!!

• tamRN
    tamRN July 14, 2012 at 4:33 am   

love it!

• Luvles12
    Luvles12 July 13, 2012 at 9:31 pm   

I know right! If some of us are in therapy there is a part of it where we learn to be cognizant of our episodes but shit, I don't know all of mine until their done.

• Momma2all
    Momma2all July 13, 2012 at 7:04 pm   

So so true. Things are only as we perceive them. Good or bad. I prefer to perceive the good.

• bipolar lamb
    bipolar lamb July 13, 2012 at 6:06 pm   

I'm with you on this. Perception is everything.